1 tablespoon olive oil 250ml distilled malt vinegar 2 400g cans plum tomatoes in natural juice 25 grams sun dried tomatoes 6 tomatoes or 200ml passata 60g fresh chillies 20g dried habanero chillis 4 garlic cloves 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- Mince the garlic, and saute in the olive oil for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Chop the fresh chillis, and add to the pan, sauteing for a further 3 minutes, or until they start to release the spicy oil.
- Roughly chop the dried habanero chillis, and add them to the pan. Continue to saute until they’re fragrant (there is a particular smokey smell)
- Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add them, continuing to cook until they soften slightly (should not be more than 1-2 minutes).
- Add the plum tomaties, passata or tomatoes (chopped), and salt, and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the vinegar, and then use a blender to
This makes about 1.4-1.5 litres of sauce.